It's really bad having a flat tire on the road. So you must be prepared for changing it. Here are some advices or how to change flat tire.
- First advice of changing flat tire is to make your car and yourself visable to the other drivers. Turn on your four-way flashers. Get out of the car and put a warning triangle about 20 feet behind the car. If you have reflecting jacket - put it on.
- Now, remove the spare wheel, tire wrench and car jack. Loosen the screws in the tires so easily go with the key, do not loosen the whole way.
- Put the carjack in the right place in the car. Make sure the cat is standing on a firm surface.
- Lift the car and loosen the screws in the tires. Now take the wheel and put the spare tire in place.
- Tighten the screw clockwise by hand and with some of the key. Put the car down, pull the carjack and strongly tighten the screws on the tires standing on it.
- Put the lid on the back of the ring or put it in the trunk. Put the floor, tools and emergency signs in the trunk, turn the signal on the car, put the handbrake down. That's it.
- Now go to the nearest tire mechanic and repair the flat tire or buy a new one.
Follow this advice on your own risk. Advices presented on this page are tips for long running car.
|Navigate through the car advices|
|Driving in winter: How to drive in snow or ice?||What is car insurance?|